School Code of Conduct
The Code of conduct is aimed at creating a harmonious community, for which self-discipline is vital. Hence, apart from what is mentioned in the code, rules and regulations communicated by the School from time to time need to adhere to The Code of Conduct of the school is subject to amendment in keeping with the interest of the school and changing times.
- English is the medium of instruction in our school, therefore, it is compulsory for all students and teachers to converse in English on school premises.
- Adhere to school timings, attendance/leave policy, uniform guidelines, ICT policy, library rules, transport policy, sports code of conduct, and school norms and policies as laid out from time to time.
- The movement of the students on the school campus should be orderly, quiet, and purposeful.
- At a time only two students per class are allowed for conveniences/washroom against a pass issued by the teacher.
- Students should endeavor to keep up the high standard of the school, by showing respect for teachers, elders, guests, supporting staff/ground staff including school guard, Aaya, bus staff, etc.
- Keep school campus clean and tidy.
- Students are expected to carry their ID Cards and school almanac regularly. Every student should have his or her textbook, stationery, and other required materials.
- It is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection, while the juniors show respect to their seniors and compassion towards their peers.
- Visitors and friends are not allowed to meet students during school hours.
- Students must take care of their personal property. In case of any loss, if reported in time and if found, it will be returned to the student.
- The school is strictly against corporal punishment. Incidents of indiscipline are dealt with care by all the faculty and staff members.
- Don’ts/Not permitted
- Parents are requested not to give cash to anybody if it is not mentioned in the almanac with the teacher’s signature No collection for any purpose whatsoever is made in the school without the permission of the Principal.
- Parents are earnestly requested not to give any personal gifts to staff members/support staff.
- Articles should not be exchanged nor should money be borrowed or lend.
- Undesirable behavior in the classroom/corridors/school bus is not permitted.
- Using unfair means in the examination by a student will be considered as a serious offense. Repetition of the same will result in disciplinary action.
- Distribution of expensive goodies to other students on birthdays is not permitted.
- Parents are requested not to visit the classroom of their children without permission.
- Eatables are not allowed inside the classroom and school bus/van.
- Littering is not permitted.
- Plucking of flowers is not permitted.
- Mobile phones or other gadgets are not permitted in the school. If any mobile phone or gadget etc is found during a surprise check, it will be confiscated and will not be returned at all.
- Don’t bring the following prohibited items/objects to school:
- Toy or replica guns or any kinds of actual weapons
- Sling Shot
- Chewing gums
- Valuables eg: cash, jewelry, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Holi’ colors/ Water Balloons
- Pornographic Material
- Matchboxes/lighters / agarbatti (Joysticks) /any material which could be a health or fire hazard
- Credit/Debit cards
- Any other objectionable material
Incidence(s) for Disciplinary action
- The school reserves the right to take disciplinary action in case of misconduct or violation of rules and regulations of the school by any child. The following reasons may call for immediate disciplinary action against students who are caught and found guilty of:
Stealing or damaging school assets and property.
- Using unfair means in the examination even after repeated warnings.
- Smoking, chewing tobacco, gutkha, paan, drugs, etc.
- Indulging in inappropriate behavior (includes the use of abusive language, defiance, disrespect, insubordination, disruption, non-compliance, physical aggression, theft, harassment, bullying, inappropriate display of affection, and lying).
- Coming late to school habitually
- Indulging in aggressive or violent behavior in the bus, throwing objects outside school bus, offend passers-by with their actions or words, damaging bus property, etc.
- Possessing obscene books, pictures, video, audio cassettes, etc.
- Bullying- directly (e.g., through physical intimidation or attacks, verbal abuse, unwanted attention, and advances, damaging property), or indirectly (e.g., through spreading malicious rumors) or cyber-bullying (e.g., sending unpleasant SMS messages, photographs, or email) against a fellow student or any member of the staff. Bullying is strictly prohibited inside the school premises and no such act will go unnoticed or unpunished. As per CBSE Circular No. Acad.-17/2015, dated: 09th March 2015, the School Management as per observation and understanding the gravity of the misconduct shall undertake the following actions:
- Oral/written warning.
- Suspension from attending classes/school for a specified period.
- Withholding or canceling the results.
- The imposition of a fine up to a specified amount.
- Expulsion/rustication from school.
- Note: If parents are found in any act of bullying, inappropriate behavior with Management/Principal/school teachers/staff, or any other action which is not acceptable, they shall be liable for disciplinary action which may lead to suspension/expulsion of their ward from the school.Disciplinary action:
- The school has a Zero tolerance policy to address the needs of the school for discipline that can maintain school safety while maximizing student opportunity to learn. Discipline is of paramount importance in grooming a child to be a good citizen. We request the total cooperation of parents to ensure that the child obeys the school rules implicitly. By removing students who engage in disruptive behavior, the aim of the Zero Tolerance policy is to deter others from disruption and create an improved climate for those students who remain.
- Instances of alcohol, smoking, drugs, fighting, bullying, damage to school property, defiance of school authority, and any violent act will entail immediate dismissal from the school. The Management reserves the right to remove a student from the school due to the gravity of these offenses.
All incidents that infringe the school rules are taken note of and recorded on Incident Slips. The disciplinary steps relating to cases of escalating acts of indiscipline are given below:
- Discipline card Trigger Incident Action to be taken by school authorities Authority to issue cards Incident Slip As and when an incident occurs Hitting, Fighting, Repeated use of abusive language, bunking classes, misbehavior with teachers/students/staff, stealing, minor misdemeanors Counseling and suspension in the school campus with intimation to parents to come to school, exclusion from educational trips or participation in activities, etc. Class Teacher & Subject Teacher (Coordinator to be informed) White Card (Warning Card)
- After 3 incident slips- Repetitive behaviors as recorded in incident slips, bullying, self-injurious behavior, fighting – resulting in injuries, bringing mobile phone to school etc. Suspension of the child for a period of 10 to 15 days; to be brought back to the school only by parents Headmistress, Coordinator, School Counselor & Discipline In-charge
- After 2 white cards or directly Addictive behavior, excessive self-injurious behavior, repetitive fighting with severe injuries, damaging/destroying school property Detention or Parent call or both Principal, School Counselor & Discipline In-charge
- Directly Repeated incidents of indiscipline listed, severe misbehavior or misconduct Dismissal from the school with an appropriate unsatisfactory conduct Transfer Certificate Principal
- The Principal must be informed of all incidents leading to the issue of Incident Slips and Green Cards. Yellow and Red Card cases will be dealt with by the Principal, after referrals from the Teachers, Coordinators, other Staff, and Counselors